Remember The Times Part 1

My computer is down at the moment so I'm a little sad about that some shit happened after I installed new ram. But anywho, I was deciding what to post today. Looking at the normal hip hop sites but this is my blog so it supposed to be personal.

Anywho

I stumbled (via myspace) across some old memories. I will tell you have 1.5 albums, and 1 mixtape with a group called Y.I.C. Funny thing is never put any of the shit out. Like any of it. Maybe its me but I think that alot of the material is pretty good. In particular after the first album when we were recording for the second one. Alot of the shit we were making was (and still is in some cases) ahead of alot of the shit that was out. Beats could have been mixed better but other than that I believe we did fairly well.

Which brings me to this post. This one song on the myspace page is called "Techno Bullshit" and it was basically about nothing, just spit some crazy shit. I remember exactly how the session went. My man E-Rich had did the beat and played it for me by my house, I thought it was crazy so next time I went to record I brung E-Rich and the beat. I played it for DeMar and he like it. We had no hook for the song.
Like none!
But I was thinking because E-Rich had been saying "bullsheit" all day. So I was like "Fuck it, DeMar you say this and E-Rich after that you say this". And it fucking worked. The verses were decent and great. Mine was so abstracted, E-Rich came with the Lupe Fiasco type flow (we didn't even know of Lupe then), and DeMar came with a superflossy flow.

If only I could get niggas to record like this now

Check it here though.

1 comments:

Gallardo Bastardo said...

Yo, don't be comparing my flow to Lupe Fiasco. Then people will hear my shit and dump on me for not sounding like Lupe Fiasco. Besides, I hold Lupe so high above myself, it's close to dickridery.