The Big Doe Rehab Review

Finally today is December the 4th. I finally walked into Best Buy and copped that new Ghostface Killah. Now if you've been living in a cage for the past year Ghostface managed to drop 2 albums Fishscale and More Fish. Fishscale was really good and got great reviews, plus it went gold. More Fish was kinda like Fishscale because alot of the tracks that got left off made it to More Fish. More Fish was a good album and I think its his worst album to date but with that Being said where does The Big Doe Rehab stand?

CD cover is dope! Onto reviewing the cd....

The first song "At The Cabana (Skit)" is a skit, very funny and sets the mood for the album. Ghostface takes someones "bitch". After the skit its the song "Toney Sigel aka The Barrel Brothers" with Beanie Sigel. The song originally had Styles on it but for some reason it didn't make it. I heard the original one so I'm mad at this song. First off Styles short verse was good and I liked it. Second they cut Beans verse. But its all good though. Then you got the epic "Yolanda's House" with Raekwon and Method Man. This is classic shit right here. No bullshit. The story itself is pretty good, one of the best tracks on the album. After that its the ok "We Celebrate" with Kid Capri. This is my least favorite song on the cd. Kid Capri makes my head hurt with all of his fucking screaming. But if it was at a live show it'd be great. "Walk Around" is a track about someone's flesh getting on Ghostface after he blasted them. Good track. "Yapp City" has Ghostface, Trife Da God, and Sun God exchanging verses about yapping people or robbing people. "White Linen Affair (Toney Awards)" with Shawn Wigs (one of the reasons I though More Fish wasn't that good) is a good example of a song like "Drink The Pain Away" except with celebrities. Then you got "Supa GFK", Ghostface does another Ghostface and raps over "Superman Lover" by Johnny Guitar Watson. I dig it. Ghostface, Raekwon, and U-God do a good job of getting money on "Rec-Room Therapy". Then you have "The Prayer" which is performed by Ox which sets the mood for the next song, which happens to be my favorite "I'll Die For You". That is one of the best songs I've heard this year. Classic shit. Then its "Paisley Darts" with Raekwon, Sun God, Trife Da God, Method Man, and Cappadonna. Another banger. I like Cappas verse the best though. Ghostface finally finishes what happens after Shakey Dog (see Fishscale) on "Shakey Dog Starring Lolita" with Raekwon. Nice story telling. Then its "!" with the "Rhythm Roots Allstars" Which is about 40 seconds but very instrumental if you listen to the whole album. Then you got the bonus tracks. "Killa Lipstick" makes me want to make a joint about my girl. Method Man on the hook and Masta Killa has a verse. The final song is "Slow Down" with Chrisette Michele. Another favorite.

Bottom line, Ghostface can't make a bad cd. He has the best discography out of all of your favorite rappers. Think I'm lying? Check the reviews. This is one of his best cds to date. I'm giving it a 4.5/5.

Ghostface cd rankings
1. Surpreme Clientele
2. Ironman
3. The Big Doe Rehab
4. Fishscale
5. Bulletproof Wallets
6. The Pretty Toney Lp
7. More Fish

0 comments: