Team New AmErykah!


I don't know what to say. I will say that I am very intune with Miss Erykah. I think that she is a wonderful artist. With that said, who has listened to New AmErykah? Well I did and I'm already looking forward to the second disc coming out in June.
Basically this album is straight, straight, straight hip hop. I personally think that this is the most hip hop album to come out in the last couple of months or this year at least. She got Madlib, Sa-Ra, 9th Wonder and someone else (i forgot whom) on the boards. Personally after hearing her and Madlib I think that they should do an album together on some Liberation type shit. This album reminds me of Baduizm and Madvillian all messed together. Picture Erykah singing over shit like "Fancy Clown" or "All Caps" and thats what you get from this. I will say that if you don't buy this album you should at least hear "The Healer", "Me", "Soldier", "Master Teacher" (nice Curtis Mayfield flip), and "That Hump".

0 comments: