"Where You Been?"


I know, I’ve been MIA the last week or so. Work, beats, sleep, more beats, and work has pretty much been my schedule. That beat battle is today so I wanna be ready. Right now, I’m mixing all these beats. Your suppose to have 10 beats, I have 15. Well, I like to have a variety.

It should be a fun little event though, I plan on recording it. Now ya’ll will see the infamous producer dances. I’m not sure if I’ll bust one, depends on the crowd. I’m looking forward to it though.

I’ve been getting mad love on the music tip lately. I like it

Speaking of music, I’m working on this new remix tape called “I Am Stillmatic’s Lost Godson”. If you suck at guessing or you don’t know Nas’ past work, its basically a collage of a couple of album titles. If you still don’t get it, I am using accapellas from “I Am”, “Stillmatic”, “The Lost Tapes”, and “God Son”. I’m using two from “It Was Written” also.

That’s coming along great. I put up the intro for download on twitter. So far people are feeling it. Shit, I’m feeling it.

Oh yeah before I forget. I’m only using break beats on this remix joint. Ya’ll are gonna shit in your pants when ya’ll hear some of these breaks. I combined a couple and all that. Just in case you were wondering, all of the breaks are looped on this particular remix album. Why? Cause I want to do something different and still hot.

You gotta admit, Esco goes in on breaks. So why not give people an album’s worth of it?

I’m going to go put the deposit down on my new apartment today too. So when I say expect to hear a lot more music this summer coming from me. A lot is an understatement. I’m not gonna Lil Wayne ya’ll and just don’t give you a chance to breathe. I’mma wean ya’ll in.

None of ya’ll probably know I can rap and have beeen rapping since I was 9. Its part of the reason I make beats…. I’m not gonna say anything else but “I Should Have Been A Rapper Vol 1” coming in August and “Inspired By Pain” coming in December.

Well, I’m off to finish mixing this beat and adding some tom rolls in it. I’ll holla

-Malcolm Maximillion

ps: That pic is old as shit. Phone is fucked up so I couldn't take one now :(

4 comments:

DKNY OH MY IM JIGGY said...

im excited for ya!!!

Oh And No Nigger? LMAO

The title is ill tho!

Malcolm Maximillion said...

Thanks. I couldn't find any accapellas from Nigger. I know "Be A Nigger Too" is out there somewhere....

DKNY OH MY IM JIGGY said...

Ummmmm HOW was the battle. I've been dying to know after listening to some of your stuff ...

Malcolm Maximillion said...

I came in 5 out of 16. I was robbed 2nd round though. I'm uploading the youtube footage now.