It's Not Just Me....

I typed up a blog the other day. That was just basically expressing my feelings about not wanting to continue my collegic education. it wasn't like I woke up and was like "fuck school". I felt like that after my last year.

Then it hit me.....

Switch majors, dumbass!

I still was kinda skeptical about my decision until I went to a "Major Decisions" meeting earlier today. We had a counsler talk to us in a group and she basically asked us to pick categories that we see ourselves in. I chose Artistic, Enterprising, and Investigative. When we got to talking about our choices, she says to me, "Why are you in I.T.?" and I could only respond with, "I dunno, I was thinking about going back to entrepreneurship".

Shes like the fifth person to tell me that this year. I was talking to my friend the other night and he goes, "I'm surprised your ass didn't go to school for music".

I had a talk with another friend yesterday and it made me realize something. Students are going for security rather than really pursuing their interests. My main thing was, "I want to make a lot of money", "I'll always have a job doing something with computers", and my favorite "Its easy". While all of thee above is true. I don't feel like I was made to do that. So I'm going back to my first plan which is to start a production company, which I was doing this year anyway.

They also made me realize, I need to get on my shit again. Like deadlines and all that other shit, I need to get back on point. I've been slacking and I can tell.

So my plans right now is to type up a "To Do" list and post it on this blog to remind myself of shit I need to do. I'm gonna make one for the month and hopefully, I can report back that I actually did everything on the list.--

1 comments:

DKNY OH MY IM JIGGY said...

I feel like fuck school everyday. ESPECIALLY after my sophmore year ....I was thinking about dropping out and becoming something crazy because i change what i wanna do every day ...no seriously. I wanted to sing act, be a boxer, astronaut, artist, producer, fashion designer, public relations rep, ....there was alot of shit. OH WAIT i also wanted to be the next spinderella at one point this summer

however i know what i wanted to go to school for (Criminal Justice)