10 Albums and 5 Mixtapes Better Than The Carter 3

So yesterday, my roommate and I got into a heated discussion. It basically started when he asked me did I hear a song, by Jay Rock featuring Lil Weezy. I told him no, because in all honesty I don’t check for Lil Wayne that much. Not to discredit the guy, but he’s not my cup of tea. And then he looks at me and says “Only you and Porsche (my girlfriend) think he’s wack. He sold a million records in a week, so its obvious that the Carter 3 was a good album”.

And as usual, I got into sonning mode and told him I can name 10 albums better than The Carter 3. Again, its not that I hate Lil Wayne or anything. I’m just saying, people often let the radio brainwash them into believing something that isn’t true. So without further ado.

1.)Q-Tip “The Renaissance”- This is actually probably the best album that has came out this year. No, I do not have a copy (Christmas present?) but I’ll be getting one soon. My roommate has not stop playing this cd since he bought it. So I’ve heard it numerous times already. Dope shit.

2.)Elzhi “The Preface”- Man, if your not up on Elzhi I’m not sure what to tell you. Talk about dope lyrics and wordplay, Elzhi baby. The bulk of this album was produced by Black Milk so you know its heat already.

3.)Black Milk “Tronic”- Speaking of Black Milk, dude went totally left field from his sound and it didn’t completely suck (ie. Kanye West “808s and Heartbreak). Not a totally 1 dimensional cd either because dude got rhymes.

4.) Nas “Untitled”- One of the most controversial cds of this decade but it was still hot. A lot of people just write Nas off. Sure he fucked up a couple of times (ie. Nastradamous) but when he comes through, he fucking comes through (ie. It Was Written, Stillmatic, Illmatic)!

5.) 88 Keys “The Death of Adam”- A nice concept album that doesn’t really feel like a concept. The beats are all banging on this album. Now holla if you’ve ever been placed in handcuffs (all kink intended).

6.) Erykah Badu “New Amerykah, Pt. 1- 4th World War”- Don’t even front, this was one of the most hard body cds of this year. Listen to the drums on Solider and the sample chops for Master Teacher and prove me otherwise. You can’t

7.) JedI Mind Tricks “History of Violence”- I’m not a huge fan of Vinnie Paz but when Stoupe is behind the boards, you gotta listen. This is probably the most hardcore cd here. Reason being is that I like that hardcore shit but its too many carbon copys, ya know?

8.) Kidz In The Hall “The In Crowd”- I mean Kidz In The Hall aren’t the best duo since Rae and Ghost but both of them being “ok” at what they do makes their efforts sound golden. You can’t put the best together all the time but they don’t disapoint. I loved their first cd and I like this one just as much.

9.) Prodigy “H.N.I.C. 2”- So your really gonna sit there and say P didn’t go hard before he hit the slammer? I mean I think he’s a slouch compared to Infamous P but still he’s able to hold his own. Havoc might be slightly better than him now but he can’t make a better album, I’ll put money on that.

10.) Jake One “White Van Music”- Dopest producer album out right now. Jake got the mainstream and the indy meeting and it doesn’t sound forced. That “The Truth” joint, is the truth!

So there you have it, 10 albums better than the Carter 3 in my opinion. And just to be an asshole, 5 mixtapes better than the Carter 3.

1.) Nas “The Nigger Tape”- Esco Lets Go? Yeah, that’s all that has to be said.
2.) Joe Budden “Halfway House”- Slaughterhouse anyone?
3.) Kid Cudi “A Kid Named Cudi”- I didn’t like this at first but off the strength of “Day N Nite” alone”
4.) Charles Hamilton “Its”- Starchasers, Wrong Side of The Bed, The Honeymoon is Over > Any song on The Carter 3
5.) Bronze Nazareth “Thought For Food Volume 2”-BaRonze Obama anyone?

1 comments:

DKNY OH MY IM JIGGY said...

you forgot Amy Winehouse.....LMAO

and every other album that came out this past year