Respect My Moustache: The Age Game


Apparently, my girlfriend been getting alot of flack lately from her jealous bitterass peers because she's a woman dating a boy. Yes ladies and gentlemen, a 19 year old boy. She's two years my senior and they just can't stand my age. WTF?

Why do we live in a society where age limits who we date? I thought I was legal, Feb.9, 2007. I thought I was grown, a grown ass man if you will on my beloved 18th birthday. Guess not.

I get the picture now. I think.

I've been going through this for a while. I've always dated older girls/women. I was the dude in high school fucking the college girls. But its the same arguement everywhere. I'm young. I've been told your cute but a little young so many times by girls 1-2 years older than me.

ANd its not that I act young, no. I've been supporting myself since I was 16. I've always had a job since I was 14. Its not like I still live with my mother but even when i did, I took care of my own shit. From phone bill to paying part of the electric bill. Shit, last semester I took 15 credits at school (making me a full time student) and worked 2 jobs. All while living at my moms.

Right now I go to school full time and work full time. I help support my girlfriend and I and I'm constantly trying to do something to better myself. But I'm a boy because of my age? not because of my actions but because of a number?

When will women start respecting the mustache? Start respecting us younger men as men, not by age but by definition. And some women wonder why they can't find a good man.... SMH

2 comments:

April Rose said...

"When will women start respecting the mustache? Start respecting us younger men as men, not by age but by definition. And some women wonder why they can't find a good man.... SMH"

And that's real talk. Because you're a young male, you're supposed to be young minded. A lot of women want to assume that with age comes maturity and the older a man is, the more mature he's supposed to be. I know plenty of older men in their mid to late 20s that ain't about shit.. That are still in that immature, "I'm tryna grease everything that walks by me" mindset.

Fuck your age. It ain't about that. It's where your heads at. It seems as if you're focused and you're handling your responsibilities. And if you make your girlfriend happy and you treat her right, why is it any of their business to try and interject with that bs.

Misery loves company. They're mad. End of story.

Unknown said...

I've come to the same conclusion its just frustrating sometimes. Because I want to people to have soemthing against me for me, not my age. But bitter and jealous they are.